Friday, June 20, 2014

Highlander

The Highlander is a small Irish looking pub in a hidden laneway in Melbourne.

Recently I bought a Groupon which I had to use up. The Groupon was $20 for $40 worth of food.

At the Highlander there was lovely music playing and there was one other big group there celebrating their end of the week with champagne and red wine.
Specials Board

Sauces



I was served one very friendly lady who loves her customers. The service was very quick.
They have their $15 burger special but I came pretty late, hence I was not hungry. Instead I wanted to try lots of different things so I got the 3 for $30 tapas and $12 tacos and $2 lemonade.

The food came out within ten minutes.

I had the smokey tofu tacos and I really enjoyed those. They filled me up and the tofu was fresh and organic.

The lemonade was ok, but for $2 it was reasonable.

I had the cajun fries with Jalapeno mayo. Only it tasted like regular mayo. But the fries were good though. They really didn't need the mayo.

The salt and pepper calamari was too oily and it was cold. But I did enjoy the pepper in there.

The spring rolls were just ok, but I didn't really like the chilli sauce that much.

Verdict: Would come again at night and I suggested that they invite the other bloggers to try their place.
Highlander on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...