Friday, May 9, 2014

Spice Market by Claudia

I was invited as a guest by the Spice Market and Salvation Army.

I had to wait about half an hour for the others to arrive outside in the cold as they wouldn't let anyone in without a pass

Spice Market is a big, dark and mysterious place. It was also a lively place with lots and lots of music. Its a bar in the city at the Paris end of it.

The big table

The bar

The ceiling- love the cages by the way


The bathrooms are out the back down a dark narrow hallway.

My server was lovely and smiling.

The tables are rather cozy and I was sitting at the table with Akira from Happy Leandro.

We had the filo pastry stuffed with spinach and feta cheese.Yum. These were so addictive that I just had to have two.
Spring rolls


I had found both the spring rolls and calamari to be on the oily side. But the calamari was tender though.I really did enjoy the spicy sauce for the spring rolls.

We also had pizza. The pizza base was dry. In fact too dry. My one didn't have a lot of toppings.


I had the fish and chips. By that time I had to go, so it was more of a take away. The fish was just perfect. The tartare was so addictive. It was really flavoursome.

There was chicken wings and noodles, but since I don't eat meat, I'll let Happy Leandro tell you how it went.

Thank you Couch for inviting me. It was a great pleasure being there. The only thing I would have loved is for more varieties of drinks other than water as everyone was really thirsty.
Spice Market on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...