Friday, March 14, 2014

Raramen, Grain store and the Box Hill market

As part of the Melbourne Food and Wine festival series

As part of the Melbourne Food and Wine festival series I sampled some of the delights of the Box Hill Market.

A two hour ticket costs about $2.50 and that's only in zone 2.

Dainty cold noodle salad and other things for tastings
Here I sampled the Dainty Cold Noodle salad, Ox trotters, some sort of cold meat, pickles, rice puddings, eggs etc.



I also bought $1 Lindt blocks and went around the Fruit and Veg section. Everything seems so cheap . $2.50 for three bunches of spinach yay. And then  I also saw some weird looking vegetables and real 1kg heavy taro.  And $0.99 drinks. I could live here everyday.
Dragon fruit

This is how heavy taro is

Raw taro

Raramen on Urbanspoon
Winter melon


Some sort of Chinese vegetable



Chilli
I have no idea what Prunella is but my guess is that it is some sort of dried seafood



Raramen
I went here for lunch. All the lunches are under $10. Yippee! Finally food that does not cost a fortune. But the only thing is the lack of service. You have to order and pay at the counter which I did not know. Would be a great idea to have some sort of a sign to tell your customers that. There was one waitress that looked like she didn't want to be there.

Free slurpee


Veg dumplings

Spring Onion Pancake

There was free slurpee and tea for eat in customers. But the slurpee was sickly sweet. The paper cup was sticky.

The vegetable dumplings was nice and freshly done. But they had a little bit of MSG to it.

I had really wanted to finish my spring onion pancake as it was nice and doughy and flaky but the waitress took that away whilst I was at the counter ordering dinner which was the Chef's special of spicy eggplant with rice.

The chef's special was just ok :(


Grain Asian cafe- last stop before heading back to the city
The lotus bun bun was dry but I loved the custard bun. They were $1.70 each. It is in the Food Court.

I could eat here all day, but we had to move on. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...