Friday, March 28, 2014

Hammer & Tong

Hammer and Tong are in Brunswick st, not too far away from RMIT in the city. It is easy to get to by tram.

At 11.30am on a bright and sunny Tuesday morning it was not busy and I was easily able to find a place to sit. Weekends can be really busy and they don't allow any changes to the menu during the busy periods.
Coffee menu

Coffee is by Dukes coffee roasters

Seasonal menu

Menu

The condiments


Coffee fans will be impressed by the ten different types of coffees that it offers. They will also be impressed by the quality of the Duke Coffee Roasters beans that they use. I was really impressed by their iced coffee. But the only downside is that it was not too sweet. I would have liked it to be sweeter. Luckily there was sugar on the table and I added it myself.

But if you are not a coffee drinker they also have teas by Storm in a teacup.

I went for their brunch which I had heaps of trouble deciding as they all seemed too good. In the end I went for their soft shell crab ($12) which was amazing and their corn on the cob ($9). The corn on the cob is cut into half and it can be shared between two. Oh and it has a whole lot of peccorino cheese so if you are not a fan then don't order this.

The corn on the cob

Someone's lovely watermelon drink


Verdict: Would love to come back. The service whilst good, was a little invasive. I didn't really like the lady with the glasses. She seemed a little bit unfriendly. The other brown haired lady was alright.

Students do swing by for their amazing soft shell crab. If only they had chips and onion rings as a side it would be a bit better.
Hammer & Tong on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...