Friday, March 28, 2014

Famishd the new salad place

There is another Famishd in the city now and that's near Southern Cross station.

A few days ago I received an email for free soup so I decided to check out the new place. Hence this is a partially sponsored review (I paid for the salad myself).
The soup changes daily

The menu

Oh and they have bread loaves for sale

Cakes

Look at the cupcake


They have an outdoor area

The service wasn't bad. There was one brunette lady there who didn't want to be there. She was a little bit unfriendly and a little bit intrusive.

They have a soup of the day and today's one was pumpkin. I really liked that soup with the sour cream in there. I also loved my sourdough bread.

The salads change daily and they also have alcohol. They never used to.  Oh and they still have their regular coffees by St Ali.
The salads on offer (top, middle and bottom pictures)




You can make your own salad too if you like.

They also do spuds.

The soup was nice and creamy and very fresh. In fact they took ten minutes to make the soup.

The salad was just passable ($8.50 for a side). It wasn't great. It had chicken in there and I don't normally eat meat. The pasta was very dry and breakable; hence inedible. The only saving grace was the spring onions.

The soup really warmed me up.

Verdict: Go to Famishd in winter for the soup and not the inedible pasta. Oh and if you are a salad freak design your own salad.

I really do hope they open for dinner for all the weary travellers from Southern cross station who don't want another pub meal. It is a great thing that this place, Pok pok and Simply Spanish opened a block away from Southern Cross station.
Famish'd Salads & Stuff on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...