Friday, March 7, 2014

Grumpy's Green by Claudia

Grumpy's Green is a vegetarian, cheap student pub on Smith st.

I bought the Groupon for this. It was $10 for any burger or pizza with a drink. The drink can be either soft drink, wine or beer. Being a non alcoholic I had my lemonade. They are said to have their own homemade eco friendly beer.



One of their live acts

They always welcome new talent


My lemonade
I checked out the courtyard and it did look a little bit outdated. But inside it had that grungy look which I liked. The looked reminded me of the Lounge back in the city. It also reminded me of the Workshop. The guy that served me said that they get busy around about eight pm each night. They are opened six nights of the week and on Sunday lunch. They have many gigs going.

They do take bookings. But they don't take electronic Groupon vouchers. You have to print it.

The bathrooms are in the courtyard area and they are a tad bit scruffy. Oh well.

Pity I came at 6pm. I wanted an early dinner before heading to the Couch for the welcome party. And the service was just ok.

The food made up for it. I had a tofu with chilli jam and pineapple burger. I really wanted to try something like this as it is not everyday that you see this sort of thing.  Normally I wouldn't have paid $15 for a small burger and chips. For that price I would have expected a bit more. The bun was exceedingly dry making it hard to cut. But I loved the tofu and the veg.

Oh and I expected that there was chilli jam inside the burger. I couldn't really taste it.

I loved the chips. They were even better with the chilli sauce.

Verdict: I probably wouldn't come back for the burger, but I would love to try the pizzas though. I seriously hope they are opened for more hours to cater for everyone. There are so many unis that are close by that they should seriously think about opening at lunchtime.



Grumpy's Green on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...