Friday, February 7, 2014

Chillipadi at Australia on Collins

Chillipadi at Australia on Collins is a food court place and like many other places it can be good or mediocre.

It was 1pm when I arrived. At that time the place was busy with people getting take away food, mainly curries. It was a sunny 25C day.


My roti which was good but expensive

Char Kway Teow



There was a bit of a production line there and the place was clean. It was good to see one guy handling all the cash whilst the others fried the food and filled the bain marie. The bain marie was always refilled, which was good. That meant that the food was always fresh.

Roti was $3.50. I would have expected it to be homemade. But I saw one guy take the pieces out from the bag and deep fry them. I would have preferred Curry Point's homemade roti any day

The char kway teow had enough wok hei but for $9.50 I would have expected a lot more. But the great thing is that they make it on the spot. The carrots were frozen as it was really hard and inedible. Damm.


Verdict: Hmm not too sure about this one and whether I'd come back or not. The portion sizes were a little bit too small and the EFTPOS didn't work at all. The guys behind the counter looked a little stressed out.

Chillipadi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...