Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Lakehouse by Katherine

The Lakehouse has been only opened for four months and already they have been busy.

It is a gastropub in the side of Edgewater which never really had any good places opened until now.

It comes with views of the lake. On a nice sunny day you can sit outside and enjoy seeing the beauty. But unfortunately we came on a wet rainy day. But we still
enjoyed the view from the window.




Service was friendly with a smile which is great to see. I really liked the lady with the red hair. She seemed to know everyone and everything. Its not too often you'll see this in a pub, let alone a gastropub.

For drinks I had lemonade ($3.50 for a big glass) and Sally had a spider. Sally really enjoyed her spider.

Sally was playing the "Game" so she couldn't have junk food. She had to be virtuous and have just chicken breasts and beans. She really  liked it. She finished it all, whereas I struggled with my huge plate.

I had the fish and chips ($24). Having seen other people's plates, I really wanted to go for it. The fish was fresh and not over cooked. The chips were a tad bit dry, unfortunately. The salad was a little bit overdressed for my liking. The dressing would be better on the side, rather than in it.

The meal came a bit late for my liking, but they did have a function though. So they can be forgiven easily.

All in all I recommend this as a good place to eat near Highpoint. This is a great place for special occasions.
Lakehouse Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...