Saturday, December 21, 2013

Teppankai by Katherine

Teppankai is a Japanese place which is run by a Malaysian, but done well. It is behind Chapel st and a stone's throw away from the Jam Factory. It is easy to get there by train (zone 1) from the city.

They featured in last Sunday's Japanese Culture festival making burgers.

Here I met up with Richard who is Malaysian and very friendly. The other waitress is from Japan. I brought a friend from Japan and they conversed in Japanese

The bathrooms are out the back and are really clean. They are like the ones that I saw at Top Paddock.




To start off with we had drinks. My friend had the ginger drink and I had the lemon lime and bitters. The glass was huge. The drink was refreshing.

Here I had the tofu Salad, Kani Kani Maki (a must try), Teppanyaki vegetables, mushrooms and green tea ice cream.

The tofu Salad was a lovely start to the meal. This is great for vegetarians. The tofu was super fresh. I got to try the salmon that was presented to my friend and I got to say that this was as well. These dishes are great for summer.

I tried the House speciality Kani Kani Maki. I have never tried this before so I don't know what to say. But if you are here then do get this as this is divine.

There is no rice throwing at Teppankai and the lovely waitress explained the sauces. One of them is ponzu, the middle one is BBQ and the lighter coloured one is miso. Whilst my friend had the prawn one, I had the vegetable one. The vegetables were just nice.

The chef is Thai but he lived in Japan for four years.

The green tea ice cream on a hot summer's day was a nice way to end the meal. Here it had lovely little strawberry decoration and red bean. But a little red bean Taiyaki would go with this really well. The green tea ice cream was very smooth and creamy.

We ended the meal with Green Tea. Real Japanese green tea.


Thank you for the invite and I hope to return soon to try some of your lunch sets. My friend and I both liked it. The menu is online if you want to have a look.

The place itself is great for dinner and for real Japanese teppanyaki fun if you want to avoid the overpriced places in the city. I hope that they do well in the years to come.

Note ( last updated on the 15/4/2014)- Teppankai has an offer for Entertainment book members of 25% off the total bill.  You can buy the book or the Digital membership off us by clicking on this page and ordering your book ( this is a secure page).
Teppankai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...