Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bohemian- a little taste of Spain

The Bohemian is in South Wharf and its lovely little relaxing place which reminds me of the country.  It is a Spanish wine and tapas bar, but about 15 other bloggers all went and they all raved about the Paella.

The staff are all dressed casually hence it enhanced the country feel. My server was very friendly and looked happy to work there.

The bathrooms are inside and I loved the cute little picture of Audrey Hepburn.






The paella, whilst it was good, it was really bland. I tried to put as much lemon juice as I could but it was still bland. Some pepper and salt would have been good. I saw that the other table had been offered this but I was not.
The paella had lots of vegetables though and reminded me of the country.

The bread on the other hand was great though. It was sourdough and it was toasted perfectly.  I loved the little touch of tomatoes.

The only trouble is that they don't do EFTPOS- I had the EFTPOS gift card and they are not a part of South Wharf's membership program. It was frustrating to find that one out on the night. If only they updated their site or a friendly little sign is all it takes.

I would visit but only on a rare occasion and it would be a lovely idea if they started doing EFTPOS as everyone is "being on the nice or the naughty list and giving to charity". I would only visit just for tapas and not for main meals.
Bohemian Bar & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...