Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pho House

Pho House is the newest joint in Flemington. It replaces Vy Vy which had been around for years. It is very close to the train station.



Here I was greeted by the lovely Talina who is the owner of this place. They are still trying to find their feet hence just give them some time. There was one Aussie guy working there. I didn't mind at all seeing as the others were all Vietnamese.

They are a kid friendly place.
The pho guide- this is a handy guide for westerners that have never had pho before.


the fresh stock that is used for the pho.







On weekends it gets busy.

Meals are under $15 which is cheap for students and workers alike. Oh and they do laksas but when I went they weren't available.

Like many places they have free tea.

Here Talina explains that this is traditional Vietnamese and the focus is on pho. Which is exactly what I had. I had the vegetarian pho and of course there is no egg in there. Everything is home made here. The broth was slightly sweet and not too salty which is great. There is only one size for the pho and that is huge! But there is a pho guide for those that don't know how to enjoy pho. You can put in as much as or as little mint and bean shoots that you want.

I would have loved to see some onions though as they add another dimension to this. Many places offer pickled onions, they should do this as well (if the customer requests it).

The pho is about $9.50-$11.

I also sampled the Spring rolls ($5 for 4).  I loved the presentation of this as it was nicely presented. Here these were freshly done and they were lovely with that spicy chilli sauce. I loved the lettuce as it was fresh. One suggestion though is that they should provide some hand towels as it does become quite messy. Luckily there are bathrooms at the back and they are clean and welcoming.

There was a complimentary sugarcane drink which I happily accepted and downed. It tasted more like a citrusy drink. I forgot to take a photo of this.

The three colour drink (about $4) was great. I loved the coconut cream on top. I also loved the aloe vera jellies. It wasn't too watered down which is great.

I wonder what happened to Vy Vy. Lets hope that they get loads more customers and bloggers visiting. They are still trying to find their feet so give them a bit more time. I will surely be back.


Pho House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...