Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Tree of Us by Katherine

 The Tree of Us is a little cafe hidden in a suburban st in Richmond. It is next to a pub and nearby a fire station. It is also close to Victoria st.

The Tree of us has just been opened for a year and already they have had 7 blog posts on Urbanspoon.








The cafe is cute and very cozy, much like Melbourne's cafes. It is also dog friendly.

They have outdoor and indoor seating.

The lady at the front counter knew her customers well as a lot of the locals frequent the place.

This place is known for their burgers and Capi drinks. A little while ago they advertised a deal for $10 which was a burger and a drink. The burgers are huge. Given some of the other experiences with Living Social deals and Groupon where the meals have been rather small, I did not expect this to be big.

I had a veggie burger ( normally $14) and I added a side of chips for $4. The chips were really nice and I loved the salt on them which was from the Murray.

The pattie though was a little bit dry, but that can be forgiven seeing as I loved the tabouli and the salad in the burger. Normally with some other burgers the salad is not very fresh. But with this one the salad was freshly made. It did take them a while though to make my burger but I didn't mind. Because that meant a job well done.

There's too much garlic in the burger and I had garlic breath afterwards

Oh I loved the homemade chill relish.

The Capi was great and it came with a cute little glass with ice.

Overall it is a place worth coming back to and I wouldn't mind bringing my friends and paying full price. Oh and I hope you don't mind that I stole a cheeky few samples of the wonderful sweets by the counter.

Next time I'd love to have the onion rings. I didn't this time as I had to go back to work.
The Tree Of Us on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...