Saturday, September 28, 2013

Crabapple Kitchen

As part of our "At home and Abroad" series
Crabapple Kitchen was opened last year. But I only just discovered the place recently.

It is near Swinburne Uni and Glenferrie train station.

They are a small coffee shop which looks very homely. When I saw the cooking books and the wine it reminded me of Julia Child's kitchen.

They have won many outstanding awards for good food.






Their coffee is by Campos and I was happy to sit by the bar and watch them make the coffees. That and the juices and milkshakes.

The food is Mediterranean inspired with some American influences such as the HB sauce and sliders. Their menu changes seasonally. They always have daily specials.

Here I had their Breakfast slider with fried egg and fries as well as a short black. To take away I got a Turkish delight and a friand ($2). Their breakfast slider was perfect and you can get this without bacon.

The breakfast slider was a little on the small side, but with the fries it was just perfect for me.

I ate the lovely friand and the lovely Turkish delight on my way home. The friand was a mouth popping sensation.

I'm glad that Glenferrie and Swinburne has many good coffee places. Only I wish that RMIT had the same. I would love for Meld to review the place as they do decent coffees and they support the local community (and yes that involves Hawthorn football club)
.
Crabapple Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...