Sunday, September 15, 2013

Claypots Evening star

As part of Market week
As part of our Health series.

After my cooking class and a bit of a walk around I went to Claypots Seafood Bar. I have been there before and they did not disappoint. In fact I was intrigued by the seafood peddlers cart outside and when I asked the man if they belonged to the Claypots Evening Start he said yes.

It was so cold outside. I thought we're back to winter.

The waitress was fairly young and energetic. She was also very friendly and exciting just like the contestants on Masterchef.









They are primarily a seafood bar so don't expect to have too much meat. But they do have wine and pasta.

Their menu changes daily but most things are around the $10 mark. But if you want to sample a lot of things there is the lunchbox deal for $15 where you get to sample four dishes and bread (this changes daily). When I first came to this place in 2011 I did just that and liked it. All the seafood was really fresh.

I had a homemade lemonade ($4) and a Dory Fish burger ($8) which was nicely barbequed outside at the cart.

I loved the homemade lemonade.

The John Dory fish burger with a side of tomatoes filled me up just fine. Fish is very healthy for you and its good for your brain. The fish is fresh, but the chilli and the onions were overpowering. I had onion breath afterwards.

At an earlier cooking class I got to sample their potato salad which was yummy. But very very salty.

I had to wait ages for this. But whilst I was waiting I watched them make some sort of bean dish and watched them do the oysters. And boy don't they look tantalizing.

If they have this dish again, I suggest go easy on the onion and garlic. I would love to try their pasta dish which people say its good. It wasn't on the menu today.

Students if you are in the market do give them a try.
Claypots Evening Star on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...