Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wagamama at Southgate by Katherine

Wagamama is a chain restaurant which started in London in 1992 and has been successful ever since. They opened about 90 restaurants all over the world including one in Melbourne.

I first heard of Wagamama in Sydney when I was there with my family. Here the food was really good. I remembered that place was outside a bookstore.

Now there is Wagamama in Southbank which opened just last year. I only noticed it at the beginning of this year and I was like "Wow I wanna try this!". The only other blogger that went there was Nic from Sharking for Fish and Chips. He seemed to really like that place.

When I went there the service was friendly. My waitress had this posh English accent which was really friendly. She was always willing to refill my tea cup. The restaurant is owned by an Indian guy.















I had the vegetarian bento ($15.90) It would be pretty pricey if it didn't come with tea. But it came with lots of tea. I didn't really like the potato chips. They were oily and soggy. But I didn't mind the terriyaki vegetables and the salad. Except that the salad was overdressed. The edaname was a little bit dry and some of the peas were inedible.

I loved the miso soup though as it was freshly made with heaps of spring onion.

The other tables dishes of ramen and salmon terriyaki looked really good and very big. Seeing as I came late for lunch I did not want these.

Oh well next time.

Last but not least- the dessert. I had a single big serve of green tea ice cream ($3.70). Yum

Seeing as it is a bit out of my way I might not return for a little while.
Wagamama on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...