Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fonda Mexican

Fonda Mexican has been opened in 2011 and already they have heaps of votes on Urbanspoon. More like 2000 votes. They are also ranked at number 50 on the leaderboard. Which means something good right?

Well for a start they are a Mexican joint run by Americans in Richmond. They are around the corner from East Richmond station which is a ten minute train ride to the city. I had run away from the big rally in the city as it was too noisy.

I love the shopfront which is cute and cozy. Moreover when you walk inside the interior is nice and warm with all the flowers and the open spaces. I also loved the high chairs and tables- it reminds me of a late night bar.

The guys that work there were quite happy and I loved how they worked in a production line. I also loved the open kitchen where I saw them working on my burrito.

They do takeaway as well as eating in.















They have a limited menu. They mainly focus on tacos and burritos with Mexican drinks such as Horchata ($4.50, which is non alcoholic and includes rice, barley, cinnamon, vanilla and evaporated milk). I wasn't in the mood for drinks as I was for tacos and burritos. One of the ones that caught me fancy was the vegetarian burrito. I saw other tables eating this and I was like "Wow I want one".

The next minute I was happily munching on one ($13.50) along with a vegetarian taco ($6- with pickled cabbage). Some of you might think that this is yuck but on a taco it added that nice spicy flavour to it.

The corn inside my burrito was sweet. I thought that they had put sultanas in there, but no such luck. I liked this one better than the one at Mad Mex as they had all the healthy quinoa in there (and I love Quinoa). I also liked that this one didn't have as much black beans but they included cauliflower. The only thing that I didn't like was that one part of the burrito was soggy and fell apart.

Most of the bloggers said that the burrito is meant for two but I was full after eating the whole one. And I was starving.

Well guys if you don't want to wait in the queues at Mamasita and would prefer a bit of peace then this might be the best place for you. It certainly was for me and I wouldn't mind coming back for the big burrito at a great price.
Fonda Mexican on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...