Sunday, June 9, 2013

Little Nyonya by Claudia

Little Nyonya is a Malaysian place in Docklands. It is in a part of Docklands which I have not been to before. Hence it was it hard to find.

But when I did find it it was all good.

I had bought the Groupon for the place seeing as I have seen the business at the Malaysia festival and it looked good. About five others have blogged on about this place so I was keen to give it a go.

The service was just ok. But it was frenzied though. The waitress was wearing clothes that I think were for home.  I liked the other ones that were more traditionally dressed (I loved admiring the dresses).













For a Thursday lunchtime the place was packed.  They have a few $10 lunch deals where it includes a drink (note: these always change).

The Groupon deal was a noodle soup for $7.


The laksa (normally $14.80) was pretty good for the price of $7 (online). But I would have loved a lot more tofu and vegetables in there. In fact I think the beans and the carrot (there was only one piece) was frozen. But the laksa was spicy enough and at the end it was bittersweet.

The drink ( Iced Lychee- $3.80) was just ok.

Overall I wouldn't go out of my way just to go to Little Nyonya, but for the people living in Docklands who love Malaysian food this is the only place that does authentic food.  If I were to come back, I'd only come for the $10 meals.

Note (updated on the 15/4/2014): Little Nyonya is offering Entertainment Book members 25% off the total bill. To sign up for the membership click here
Little Nyonya Australia on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...