Saturday, June 1, 2013

Heirloom

Heirloom is a Japanese restaurant with a French flare to it. It is where Citardines hotel is on Bourke st.



























At 1pm when I came there wasn't many people, but it does seem to be popular on Urbanspoon with 27 others blogging about it. I must have been the last one to blog about this. They are featured in Meld's little book of discounts.

It is run by the French but the food is mainly Japanese  They serve Western style breakfast as well as Japanese lunch and dinner. Lunch consists of bento/sushi sets.

They also are a bar- hence I ordered lemonade ($4.50)

I got the Chirashi lunch special for $22.50. It came with the chirashi, udon, edaname and pickles. I was full after this. Loved the udon noodles and the sushi rice. It took a while to come. Didn't like the fish so much as the fish wasn't fresh. I would have liked it even more if they had some beancurd and eggs in the chirashi. And caviar.

The soup in the udon was a tad bit salty for my liking. But the addition of spring onions added to the texture of this dish

It's fine dining- but at a fraction of the price. Thanks Meld for giving me the 10% discount coupon.

I'd be happy to come back and try their $14.50 weekday specials or their sushi and tea as the table next to me had that and it was great. The guy also seemed to chat with what seemed the manager.


Heirloom on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...