Thursday, May 23, 2013

Urban Garden

Another student cheap eat where the Malaysian students can feel right at home.


Urban Garden Cafe on Urbanspoon












Here this feels more like a library with all the books and things. Run by the Arrow neighborhood this place is a favorite place for Meld Magazine to hang. This is outside the Meld Office by the way.

It is like a canteen where you go up and pay. And then if you are eating in they will give you a table number and you choose your table. Service is with a friendly smile.

They do all sorts of Malaysian drinks and food. Here I had the Teh Tarik ($3). It was a bit pricey for such a small cup. But it had the right sweetness to it. It was in a paper cup by the way which was meant to be for takeaway.

I also had my favourite char kuey teow ($8.50). For that price I expected the plate to be just a tad bit bigger, but it had the right wok hei to it. It had a few prawns in there so I can't complain too much.

but what I loved was the roti canai which filled me up for a mere $3.50. I loved the potatoes and the roti was quite fluffy and really nice. It was just the way that Malaysian students like it.


With that in mind I really did enjoy the lovely atmosphere and the food. I just wished that they could be open more often (especially lunchtime) so that students can hang and try out all the foods. I would love to see what Ming and Eat and be merry think of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...