Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ben and Jerry's free cone day by Katherine

After lunch at Hooked the four of us went to Ben and Jerry's free cone day which was just across the road.

Ben and Jerry is the only scoop shop which is close to the city and close to Swinburne Uni which means that students can get a great ice cream fix.










Now the free cone day comes once in a blue moon and they are randomly announced on Facebook and Twitte so make sure that you sign up for Twitter/Facebook or check their website.

This free cone day was at 1pm and went until 9pm. There was a huge line of people mainly students. But there were also families. Inside was a frenzy and I was going to ask for a second scoop, but given that it was busy I couldn't. I couldn't decide between two flavours. And besides it is only one scoop per person.

Sally and Mr Footscray got the chocolate ice cream in a cup, whilst I got the cookies and cream flavour. I also wanted sorbet but I had to choose one. And Mr Cheap got the New York flavoured ice cream

I didn't stick around much longer afterwards as I had to head back to work. But I loved the cookies and cream ice cream and I talked to Sally that night and she loved her chocolate ice cream.


I wouldn't mind paying the full price for these, if only there was a store in the city somewhere as Prahran might be too far for some. I know they also do a few runs to the RMIT city campus. I can't wait for them to do another one soon.
Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...