Saturday, May 26, 2012

Coffee at STREAT

There is a new STREAT shop opened up near my neighbourhood in Newmarket. It is outside the tram stop and about 1kms walk from the train station. It used to be the old Social Roasting Company but I think they moved into the city. They were opened for a few months but I keep passing it and haven't had a chance to visit until today.
It has the same aims as the STREAT cart and you can read about it here. All the money goes towards the homeless.
But unlike the STREAT cart there aren't a lot of pastries here. Instead they sell meals and coffee and little treats. They sell mainly breakfast meals and they sure look gorgeous. The atmosphere is lovely and cozy and very relaxing with indoor and outdoor seating.

















But I wasn't here for the breakfasts, mainly for the coffees and snacks since they did a pretty good job at the cart. The coffee ($3.50) is stellar.I love the artwork. (Bryan from Lets Get Fat together would love this).
The vegetarian savory muffin was flavoursome, but I would have liked it to be toasted. And with butter would be nice as I saw some other people's had butter with theirs.
I would definately return and I'd like to see what Bryan thinks seeing he is a coffee addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...