Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Eat @ City Blue Fish with Big Fil







I had a chance to meet up with Big Fil from eat and be merry for tomorrow we diet. We decided to meet here because it was one of Big Fil's favourite places and we were in the mood for fish and chips. There are not that many fish and chip shops in the city where he and I work. It was a little dark when I came and it looks like a suburban fish and chip shop.
Big Fil felt that this place has gone a little bit downhill since the last time he visited. But this is my first time and from what I saw they were a little bit understaffed. A bit quiet though for my liking. From what I saw on Urbanspoon this place only had two people voting for it. So maybe it was just brand new?
Fil had the grilled calamari and I had the Fisherman's basket which included my choice of soft drink ($9.90 for a big serve).  I didn't really like the calamari. It was a little chewy, hence I thought that it wasn't fresh.  The chips were alright, but they were a bit tasteless without the salt (good for those that are losing weight). The seafood stick, although I liked it was a little sweet. The tartare sauce could do with a bit more mayonnaise ( it was a little tasteless, sorry Fil). The fish and potato cake was just ok.
Fil is writing up his review of the place. But I'd probably come only because I have to, not because I want to (sorry Fil- the quality was a little bit lacklustre).
City Blue Fish on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...