Friday, January 20, 2012

Eat at Sushi Kissaten

I was at the market doing the shopping. My fridge was empty and I needed some food. I was hungry afterwards so I headed to Queen Victoria market's newest enterprise "Sushi Kissten". This place was open for a few months but I haven't discovered it until today.
This place was mainly full with Caucasians and tourists and there's a reason why. Although run by Japanese service was minimalist and lunch was served in a jiffy.
My ramen which I was so disappointed that I did not finish the soup.










Look how soggy the gyoza are

Oh there's always a reason why there are not many Asians today and it's because most of your meals are lacklustre, except for the sushi. The sushi is always fresh and at $2.50 a pop its not bad. They used the right rice for this and the egg was done nicely. I had the egg one of course.
Taking a look at some of the bentos around the restaurant I noticed that most of the hot things were overcooked and they looked unappetizing. So instead what did I order? A gyoza ramen, which is soup noodles with gyoza. Because the gyoza was in the soup they tended to be soggy. They also did not have much filling to it, which I hated. But that's not all. The noodles were instant noodles, ones that I can find in Chinese shops. And there wasn't a lot of stuff besides the gyoza and the noodles. What there was, was a whole lot of instant soup.
Would I pay $9.50 for this? No, when I paid the $9.50 I expected more and for the gyoza to be on a plate rather than dumped into the bowl with the soup.
I would like to see what other bloggers such as Eat and be merry for tomorrow we diet, 730 of my life etc think of this place. I now know why Considerthesauce.net didn't like the place. Note this place is only opened on Tuesdays, Thursdays-Sundays and only for lunch.
Sushi Kissaten on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I didn't say we didn't like it. We were happy enough on the day without being ecstatic or anything! :) Truth is that on a busy day Vic Market and surrounds can be tough when it comes to getting a good feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know but you didn't really enjoy the bento box :)

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...