Monday, November 21, 2011

Eat at Choukette










the two dogs outside the cafe- aren't they cute?


Choukette is Brunswick's best kept foodie secret. It is on busy Sydney Road near Savers and RMIT Brunswick campus.
Here they are French with their coffee beans supplied by Genovese. They are well known to the locals and friendly with the kids. When I was there it was quiet. By the way I got there at 11am. They guy was nice and knowledgeable. I asked him how much are the macaroons and he said that they were $2.20 each or if you buy 6 or more its $2 each.
They have different prices for take away and eat in meals. Eat in is a little bit more expensive, but not by much.
They do have a good selection of sweet and savoury things for you to consume. They have salads as well which changes daily. Here I had a spinach and feta quiche ($5.50), a side salad ($2.50), a vanilla macaroon ($2.20), a little puff ball ($0.50) and a ristretto ($3.00). The ristretto was strong and lovely.
I loved the quiche today. It was not soggy like some of the others I've had. In fact this was flavoursome and this didn't have too much cheese in it which I liked.
The coucous salad which I had was nice, but I think it had too much raisins in it and I'm not really a fan of salad that has too much raisins to it.

The macaroon is the best that I've ever had.  They are not ranked in the top twenty macaroon places for nothing. It was flavoursome and had the right amount of cream which I liked.

I would love to visit here with Big Fil from Eat and be merry. I think he'd like this place. Students if you are studying in Brunswick campus this is the best place that I've found so far to have a good coffee which won't break the bank.
The puff ball was really nice. It is a speciality ball which this place makes and everyone can buy it to try the pastry for $0.50
Choukette on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...