Friday, September 16, 2011

Morning tea @Grigons and Orr in north Melbourne.

I went to Grigons and Orr on my way to class this morning. I felt like a hot chocolate and a nice dose of scones. After having read about Grigons and Orr from other people's blog I decided it was time for a visit.
Grigons and Orr is on the corner of Queensberry and Chetwynd sts North Melbourne and is in zone 1. It is also in the city saver zone. Take the number 57 tram and get off at the corner of Victoria and Chetwynd sts. It is about a one minutes walk from there.
This place attracts a lot of international students as well as local students. It also attracts inner city workers.They are also a little old fashioned grocery shop. This place really reminded me of the time when I was visiting friends at SHAC in 2008. It also reminds me of RUSU realfoods. It has this homely American feeling about it.
They do lots of home made meals some of which are gluten free and vegan. They also freshly bake their goods too which is nice to see.
They have Bonsoy and I've read that they make their own milk.
I had a hot chocolate ($3.50) and a plate of two big scones, jam and clotted cream ($4). I have been looking for the perfect scones and found them here in Grigons. They are a little bit crumbly but the jam and clotted cream goes well with them. The guy that served me said that they were baked an hour before I got here. It would have been nicer with the Devonshire tea, but I didn't feel like it.
The hot chocolate was in one of the tall glass cups just like the ones at Max Brenner. The ones at Max Brenner charges around $6 for this and it is not as good as this (they are sickly sweet). The hot chocolate was homemade. My guess is that they used their own milk. Either way it was really good. It even had a hint of malt which I liked.














someone else's blt. Doesn't it look nice???

Someone else's breakfast- I can't remember what this is.


Worcheshire sauce




I'd might make a return visit with my friend soon and I encourage all RMIT and Melbourne Uni students as well as anyone that lives near or in North Melbourne to visit whenever they can.
Grigons & Orr on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Grigons and Orr is very cute. I particularly like the cous cous porridge which we had an a very cold day.

    Btw, like the sandshoes in the reflection look :-)

    Fil

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i'm glad you liked it. i think i went there on recommendation from you guys.
    hey you guys should try "the rusty duck larder" in moonee ponds. it is just across the road from the train station and they do good coffees there

    ReplyDelete
  3. its not me, its someone else trying to answer their phone :)

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...