Saturday, September 3, 2011

Eat @the Verb Cafe, Newmarket

I went to The Verb cafe, after missing my train and then having to wait about 25 minutes for the next one, because the next one decided to come very late. ARGGGH!!!.  I didn't want to wait out in the cold alone. So I went to the Verb cafe on the corner and across the road from the train station (in zone 1). Also the number 57 tram stops at Newmarket station.
Here they have a lovely retro setting. A few years back it used to be a bookshop, but now it is just a cafe with a bookshelf full of books for people to read. It is a little organic cafe. It was recommended in the Age Good Cafe guide. I can tell by all the brands they have and the paper cups that they have. RUSU realfoods has these too.







They have indoor and outdoor seating, but I wasn't sure of the time so I got takeaway. I'm glad that I did, because the guy that was doing my chocolate was quite slow.
The lady there, looking like she was half asleep was friendly and knowledgeable. I think that she is a student. She was the one that recommended the honey walnut biscuit (about $2 I think). It was really lovely, but a bit too crumbly and a bit too moist. All the moisture went onto the takeaway bag.
The hot chocolate ($3.30 for a small and $3.80 for a medium) was really nice. It was frothy, unlike the coffee I got at Plantation. I forgot to take a picture of my hot chocolate.
Verb Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...