Thursday, September 8, 2011

Eat @ Affogato










I went to Affogato with a friend from Vietnam who is a new student here. Her name is " Viet girl". I have seen many good reviews on Urbanspoon.com and was keen on trying out their affogato (or italian coffee).
So we went on this sunny day and we both got to try the Affogato ($4.50 each). The Affogato, which we've never tried is a little bit bitter but with a bit of sugar its just right. The waiter said that we can pour the coffee over the ice cream and then wait for it to melt or you can eat it straightaway. Some of the other bloggers said that you get chocolate with it, but with ours we did not.
I also tried the French toast ($8.00 I think). It was sweet with just the right amount of maple syrup, but what I would have really liked was some strawberries and castor sugar with it. Viet girl had nothing, because she wasn't hungry.
The waiter was a bit friendly, but was a bit clumsy. He dropped the coffee menu on the floor after I went up and requested it. He obviously forgot to bring it when he got us our breakfast menus.
The interior is really cool, but the outside more so. I wanted to sit outside but Viet girl wanted inside, so we were inside.
All in all I recommend this place to you, if you don't mind the slow service. The place is not open for dinner but they are open for breakfast and lunch and you can study here. The atmosphere is quiet and cosy for students to study.
Affogato on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...