Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Michels Patisserie

Michel's Patisserie on Urbanspoon



I went to Michels patisserie today in search for a good mocha. The weather has been really cold outside so I needed a pick me up. I have heard from several people that Michel's Patisserie does really good coffees and were voted "best coffee of the year".
They do a lot of cakes, tarts and biscuits. Most of the cakes are priced between $2.90 and $4.90. But I bought the cake special of one coffee and a cake of the day. To add to the insult I also ordered a small mini fruit flan at about $2.20.
The place is outside of Melbourne Central Underground railway station at the Swanston st end of it. It is round the corner from Coles
I had a cheese cake and I found that it was a little bit plasticky from sitting out in the open for too long and being wrapped up in paper. They like to wrap slices of cake in paper and leave it out in the open. But that does not always work. I found that if you wrap it in the paper and leave it in the open for too long, they become sticky and it becomes not very nice. They should just display the cake as a whole and then when customers order it, then you slice the cake for them. It should be in a refrigerated section of the display cabinet.
I found that the mocha had too much coffee, not enough froth and chocolate. A good mocha has a dose of chocolate as well as coffee powder. It also has a good dose of froth and chocolate sprinkles on the top. But they did use good coffee beans to perk me up.
The tart was really good though. I think they should if they can use fresh peaches rather than the canned version. But I liked the strawberries, base, and the grape.
I would come back here only just to have their tarts. I wouldn't mind trying out the Airport West one though, they seem to have a few good cakes on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...