Thursday, July 7, 2011

$2.50 mocha and cookie @Mrs Fields












I went to Mrs Fields in QV near where I worked with my colleague. I had an Entertainment book voucher that said buy one coffee and cookie and get another free.
Mrs Fields is in QV shopping centre. This centre is accessible by most trams, buses that go to the city and if you go by train it is about a two minute walk from Melbourne central station. They are all over victoria.
Mrs fields are a comapny known for its cookies and brownies.
Today I had a mocha and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie, whilst my friend had a latte and white chocolate macadamia cookie. Between us we only had to pay $4.95 (We used the voucher, btw). So for each of us it was only $2.50.
The mocha was really good (unlike the one that I bought at Michels Patisserie). It had the right balance of chocolate and coffee and a bit of foam which was nice. The blend was really smooth. My friend's latte looked really good, but I forgot to take a picture of it.
The cookie was really chewy, which I liked. My friend also liked her cookie. The cookie had the right amount of sweetness.
I would come here again and I encourage you guys to buy the Entertainment book. I also encourage everyone to go to Mrs Fields because not only do they have cheap coffees, they also do them really well too.

Later on in the afternoon I went to the Cupcake Bakery in Melbourne Central and tried their $6 hot chocolate and cupcake deal. I also added the lemon Meringue on for $4.50. I had the rocky road one with the hot chocolate deal.
The ambience was really nice though. Shame that there isn't a lot of seating there.
The lemon meringue one was really dry and did not have a lot of flavour. Perhaps it had been made the day before and sat out on the counter for too long.
However I liked the Rocky road chocolate one. It was flavoursome, moist and had a big burst of flavour from the cherry inside of the cupcake. The marshmellows were a little dry though, but otherwise good icing and decoration.
The hot chocolate was nice though. Nice for a cold day. It had the right amount of sweetness in it.
I would come back only for their chocolate cupcakes.

After that I sampled some teas in the Oriental . I loved the ginger and barley tea and the strawberries and cream teas. They were really flavoursome. The others although seemed nice seemed too watery for my liking.
Mrs Fields on Urbanspoon
The Cupcake Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...