Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eat @ Auction rooms

I went to Auction Rooms today and felt like a hot chocolate. Auction rooms is a coffee place where they brew and make their own coffees. You'll find many of these types of places around Melbourne. This place is featured in the Age Good Cafe Guide. It is near the corner of Queensberry and Errol sts (in zone 1), so if you do tram it there, take the 57 tram. They also bake their own loaves of bread for people to buy. People can also buy their own coffee machines, coffee beans and cups.
There were a few people sitting inside today as it was cold and bitter outside. This place is HUGE!!! The counter sat in the middle of shop giving it that nice homeliness feeling. I like this feeling.
The staff here were really lovely and it was good to see that they have put some effort with their food, mainly pastries.
The rhubarb one (top middle) is the one that I tried



Some of the beans that they sell




The coffee machines

The coffee cups that they sell.

Heres what I ordered. It came out to be $8 altogehter. A rhubarb pastry and a hot chocolate. The Hot chocolate was done very nicely with a nice artwork on top ( sorry I forgot to take a picture of it). It was sweet and velvety.
The pastry was nice except for the rhubarb. The rhubarb was a little sour ( it might have been my tastebuds by the way not getting used to the rhubarb). I think the rhubarb overpowered the custard a little bit. I loved the custard and the pastry itself. It was baked freshly on site.
I would come back here again and next time order the raspberry one. Kudos to the waitress who gave me some recommendations.
Auction Rooms on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...