Monday, May 16, 2011

chocolate and lunch at Nabiha in moonee ponds

I went to the supermarket today and as I was walking back to the bus stop, I saw a new place that looked comfy and cosy and looked like they did really good coffees. From the outside they looked new, but the lady and the previous posts on Urbanspoon told me that they were not new. They had been opened for a year and a half. The lady there was really friendly, and she knows her customers and treats them well. I can see the kitchen from the counter where the lady prepared my food. This is great as I always like to see how my food will turn out
Some pictures of the inside.
Nabiha on Urbanspoon

The newspaper article on coffee prices

The menu

You can see the lady making food from behind the counter





I ordered a hot chocolate ($4) a olive and tomato bread with dried yoghurt  spread and rocket with sumac and olive dressing ($9) and an almond and chocolate crossaint ($4). Altogether lunch and chocolate was $17, but in the end I paid $17.30 (I tipped the 30c into the tip bucket. All the tips are donated to the Royal Childrens Hospital.)
This cafe is a bit like Kinfolk, but the money spent is not donated to charities like Kinfolk. Instead it is for profit. But the money spent is well worth it, because the food there was really nice. I really loved how the yoghurt, tomato and olive bread tasted. I couldn't taste the mint. All the flavours related well to one another. I managed to finish all the rocket salad and loved the sumac dressing.
The hot chocolate was a bit small for $4, but it was well worth it. I liked the sweetness of that. I think that the drink was organic. Just a warning: the prices of the coffee has increased in the past year by $0.30. This article was published in today's paper.
I tried their specialty pastry: the almond and chocolate crossaint. It had a bit of custard in it which was nice and well worth the $4. The crossaint was not too hard or dry which I like. My guess is that they bake it freshly everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...