Saturday, March 25, 2017

South Melbourne Mussel Fiesta and Greek

South Melbourne Mussel Fiesta was on this weekend and whilst entry was free, food was not and alcohol was about $5-$10 a pop. Most bowls were $10 and very small. It was a 33C degree day and most people got alcohol and other sweet fizzy drinks but I was happy with my kombucha from Happy place. This was $5 but it was healthy and sugarless. A lot of other people got smoothies.



Kombucha

A sleepy dog

Mussels being washed

Mussels being cooked

Stage

Wine tasting




There was no where to sit at the market as there were not enough chairs provided and I did not know until I got there. People brought their happy furry friends.

I had ordered food on Menulog for Ela Re thinking that I would be able to eat it at the market. Turns out that there is no such luck so I ate my food at the place. The place is across the road from the market. They kept calling me four times, each time I was on the tram or running.

I ordered a feta and oregano chips for $6.90 (it was a big serve, but bland). The chips were the frozen sort.

The lamb souvalaki was good but the lamb was too chewy and for $9.90, I expected better. It was overcooked.

Rating 10/20- don't bother with Ela Re but do come to South Melbourne Market. And do enjoy the mussels on offer

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...