Saturday, February 4, 2017

Saigon Rose

Saigon Rose is a Vietnamese place in Prahran. Friend A likes to always go to places close by just for the convenience. But I like to go far for the good food. I tend to think that all food places in the North side are no good. But occasionally there are some good stuff there.








But here at Saigon Rose it was dead quiet except for the couple of Caucasians nearby. But then at 7:30pm more people turned up. They did take a while to decipher the menu.

But I knew I wanted one thing and that was pho. Pho is one of the main events in the Tet festivals and this year they have one at the Showgrounds as well as Victoria st. The one at the Showgrounds is on the 4th and the 5th of Feb. Here they will have a pho eating competition and participants are encouraged to enter it now at participating restaurants.

What participants need to do is go to one of the places and you'll find them here and order a pho. You'll then need to post a picture with the staff member after you finish your pho. Then the persons with the fastest times will compete in the finals at the Showgrounds.

My combination pho ($14.5) was quite good. It was a big bowl and I couldn't finish all. Noodles represent longevity in Chinese New year. The broth was really good and filling. There wasn't any sausage in there. The noodles were slippery and I made a mess which is great.

I also loved the chilli sauces. Here you can buy a tiny jar of Chunky Chilli sauce to take home for $8. I might just have to come back to buy some for my mum.

Do enter the pho eating competition to win some awesome prizes at the Showgrounds.

Saigon Rose Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...