Thursday, February 23, 2017

Lucky Chan

Lucky Chan is in Crown and it has been there for a long time. When RNIS last went there a few years back, the place and the service was shocking. Moreso the food was very bad and expensive. These days it still is expensive at $8-$12 a plate but for some of dishes they were big, such as the Congee and the roast duck.

But then the service wasn't very friendly by some of the staff especially the older guy who sat me down. And the lady who asked me for tea asked in Cantonese. These days most people speak English so it is better to ask in English.

First up was the sticky rice. I really enjoyed this espceially the lapchong sausage as that was really sweet. It does have prawns inside. At $10.50 per plate of this, it was really steep and I won't be getting this again.

The char siu bao was too sweet for my liking. There was so much sugar in there which killed the dish. My flatmate can make better ones at home.

The spring rolls were nothing much to wrtie home about. They were bland and very oily.

I did however like the steamed dumplings and the wontons. For the steamed dumplings the skin was translucent and the broth came out of them. The wontons were crispy and not too salty.

Overall I wasn't too happy about paying the $57. If only they had accepted the gift card that would be fine and dandy.
Lucky Chan Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...