Saturday, August 13, 2016

Degani at Royal Children's Hospital

I normally don't go to Deganis but I heard that the Royal Children's Hospital is raising funds for next years Good Friday Appeal and that the Streatsmart program is on again. I saw on Facebook that Degani is donating $1 per every coffee sold to the homeless people. Since I am raising money for them too I thought that this would be ideal seeing as the mentally ill, homeless, vulnerable people come here.  Do donate to my cause if you can.





Degani is hidden away on the ground floor and not in the food court but down the corridor along with the family room and HOYTS (who knew that they have Hoyts here)! It is nowhere near McDonalds and Shuji Sushi. It is outside the 55 and 59 tram stops.

The cafe was quiet just before 10am but then after 10am the hospital staff needed their hit so they all came here at once. Not so much the patients- I wonder why. I had the $9.90 deal of bacon and eggs focachia with a coffee.

People say that their coffee is bad usually and I would have to agree myself, but given that this is a hospital with mentally ill and vulnerable patients, I would forgive them. However they forgot my latte until I reminded them and then forgot that I wanted it eat in. But I let it slide- after all they deal with all sorts of people.

My breakfast bacon focachia was anything but a focachia. When I think Focachia I think of lovely think bread- this was thin and more like a roll. But still I can't fault the eggs and the bacon.

Rating: 12/20- give them some grace. Do come by if you love some peace and quiet


Degani Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...