Sunday, June 12, 2016

Nene Chicken

This Nene Chicken is in Elizabeth st in the city. They are a Korean chicken place but since the introduction of soft shell crab I wanted to try it. And use the voucher that I got at the Malaysian festival for a free upgrade to a combo.

Nene Chicken hires International students. I hope that they are paid correctly. I have read that these sort of places do not pay the correct hourly rates.

But this student who served me was happy. She was friendly and smiled at everyone. She was also attentive.

And try it I did. I tried it with chips and Lipton tea. The wrap was $10.95. I thought that the Nene combo came with complimentary coleslaw and raddish like in the picture. But how wrong was I. The soft shell crab was pretty lukewarm and the salad was overdressed. The tortilla was the only good thing about it. Still I like the thought of gloves and the bin on the table for the messiest of eaters.

The chips were not great. I had asked for the Nene seasoning and it came with chicken salt. I did not taste the spice in it.

Rating: 10/20- never again even with the voucher. Once is enough. The girls next to me didn't finish their rice which came with the dosirak.

Most people however went for their ice cream which I can get elsewhere.
NeNe Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...