Friday, March 25, 2016

Universal

Universal has been around for some time and from what I recall is a great Italian cafe known for their big meals.

This is a great student eat in Carlton. Since I moved to Carlton to work, I wanted to do this place. This place was recommended to me by my colleague who loves cheap meals as much as I do. He is a student as well doing his masters.





I have always thought that this place is expensive like every other place in Carlton. But it turns out that they do some great lunch deals of drink and pasta or pizza for $10-$14. The girls on the table next to us had the chicken parma for $14. AND BOY IT WAS HUGE!!! I don't think they finished it all.

My lemon lime and bitters was huge. I saw one International student have beer and didn't know that it was beer.

 My pasta was an entree sized vegetable pasta with olives and it was one of the better ones. The olives brought out the flavour well and there was lots of olive oil in there. The pasta was al dente and not overcooked.

My colleague's cannoli was really nice and he enjoyed his coffee. He loved the cream and strawberry that came with it. He said that it was a nice touch.

Rating: 18/20- will be back for their cheap meals and I do recommend you check this out even if you are International. The staff are more than happy to help you, although it can take a while to flog them down. By that I mean get their attention.
Universal Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...