Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Botanical

RNIS was invited there by Herbalife (they paid for the gift card) hence did not have to pay the $17.50.

The Botanical is one of Melbourne's best brunch places and is outside the Royal Botanical Gardens hence it attracts dog walkers and people alike (workers, students, everyone). It is right near the tram stop and you catch the number 8 from the city. Similarly if you are exploring the gardens its just short stroll.

The Botanical is also a wine store and when I went to their store to pay it was like I was in wine heaven. However I did not buy wine of course.



But I did try their latte( $3.50), scrambled eggs ( eggs cooked your way- cape Schnack- $11 with souradough toast) and thrice cooked chips with harissa tomato sauce ($9). The Harissa tomato sauce was a good way to spice up an otherwise boring tomato sauce. Even though I hat tomato sauce this is really great and I enjoyed it to the last bone. I hate potato chips which have been frozen and then cooked in the deep fryer. These were not; they were done by hand. The fries were made with fresh potato.

Their scrambled eggs were the best and they were done really freshly. I love fresh souradough and this did not disappoint. I love my scrambled eggs with herbs and this had herbs. I mixed some of that harissa sauce in there to give it that tomatoey kick.

The latte was good. It had equal parts of cream, milk and coffee and it would satisfy any brunch goer. I was a tad bit disappointed that the latte art was messed up but all was good.

Rating: 17/20- love a good coffee and good brunch. This is one good brunch place for everyone including tourists to come to. I'm sorry there no MYKI place nearby except for Domain Interchange.


The Botanical Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...