Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hank Marvin markets


And no this is not your average farmers market. This is more of a foodie market with 10 or more food trucks and a handful of small stalls selling wares and organic produce. It is on Alma and Dandenong roads in St Kilda and you can take the number 5 or the 64 tram to get there. There isn't a lot of parking there and on Saturday lunchtimes and mornings it gets really busy. They are only open on Saturdays from 9am-3pm

DOGGY! Cute

Organic bananas

Fruit loaf

Dried fruits

Tarts- I didn't try it but they sure looked good

Bread


Desserts for us to sample. I didn't get to try the Chia Pudding (above)


Peanut butter. I used to hate it but now I like it

Iced tea homemade from Those Girls

A cereal stall

I did try and I enjoyed them very much. Would have liked to buy but ran out of time


There was a stall selling homemade sausages and they were good ones.

There was also another stall selling raw cacao vegan desserts and I sampled each of them on offer.

I would have liked to try the Cobb lane salted doughnuts but as I am on a health program having little sweets I could not. But they did look irresistible and same as the sweet scrolls.

I did however sample dried fruits and kimchi and I got to say that they were irresistibly good.

Last but not least I tried the Happy Camper pizza. There were your usual trucks but I wanted something that worked well with my healthy feta salad. Happy Camper was recommended by RMIT and their pizzas were amazing. Normally at Gradi in the restaurant you would pay $20 but at Happy Camper a large pizza is $12 and small is $8. I went with the fior de late and  this worked a treat. I forgot to bring my picnic blanket but oh well.

Oh and I did enjoy patting lots of happy dogs.

Do visit the Hank Marvin markets on Saturdays from 9am-3pm. DO IT if you are a FOODIE!!!
Happy Camper Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...