Thursday, September 3, 2015

Cafe Italia's BARGAIN night

Cafe Italia has this BARGAIN night on the last Wednesday of each month and it is $20 all you can eat gnocchi. Here there are five different gnocchi meals that you can choose from and some of them is vegetarian and others are meat.
The $20 special. Picture by Cafe Italia on Facebook
You need to book and you can call the cafe directly. The cafe is in a laneaway in Carlton just off Lygon st.

You can order as much as you want but you can't takeaway and you can't vary the meal. It is just like a normal buffet. I came at 7pm and had three courses and bread (note the dessert one I had to pay an extra $8). I had only just water and no other drink. Other people however had wine.




Flowers

Their pastas and products

The atmosphere was pleasant and the staff were friendly. But because the restaurant was busy everything took long to come. I had the gorgonzola and pear gnocchi and the pesto with pine nuts gnocchi. For dessert I had the fried gnocchi which looked like a huge jam ball and it was really nice.

I found the pear and gorgonzola gnocchi to be too cheesy and there was not enough pear in there. However the gnocchi was pillowy in texture. The pesto one was really nice but again it had a little too much sauce. I loved the crunch of the pine nuts though. YUM.

The bread was just ok, maybe a little bit stale but who can complain.

But the dessert was the best part and it was fun! I really enjoyed the homemade jam and gnocchi ball with the cream. I had a ball eating it.

Rating: 15/20- two for the price of one for me and the dessert was amazing. I don't know why people don't stay around for the dessert as that is the best part. Do come to their next one and to find out when that is follow them on their Facebook page.
Click to add a blog post for Café Italia on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...