Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Hamodava Cafe

The Hamodava Cafe is a not for profit cafe run by the Salvation Army.  RNIS donated some money online.
Image result for pictures of Hamodava cafe
Image courtesy of that'smelbourne.com
They are at 69 Bourke st where the Couch is and they serve low cost and affordable meals to everyone. Their meals are always changing and they are always healthy and nutritious.

The cafe is warm and cozy and they are always on the lookout for volunteers to help with either money collecting, The Couch or the cafe.

I have been for breakfast a few times and have had their coffees which are always nice. It is table service at this place.

They are always busy at lunchtime and the volunteers are very friendly. But my hot chocolate came waaay after my lunch. When it came it was good for that cold winters day and I added no sugar to it as sugar is bad for the teeth.

The potato mash was very nice and it went well with the beef stew. It had cheese on top, but I wished there was more. I was more than happy with my serve of sour cream and I didn't mind that the sauce in the stew was bland

The jelly was Aeroplane jelly and it was ok. But I liked the cream on top. What would be better is ice cream. I have had their vanilla flavour and it was delish. I have also had their apple crumble and it was really good for that cold winters day.

Do support this little gem if you can and if you need a free feed do drop in. You can donate online

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...