Wednesday, June 24, 2015

High tea at a student bistro

William Angliss has been around for many years and is a good college for those wanting to do hospitality courses as well as training to work in the hospitality industry.
Image courtesy of Zomato
They are renowned for their lovely meals. One of which I had at a conference last year. They are not so good in Asian food but are great in Western and European cuisine.

I was served by a very nice year 11 student who introduced themselves. It is unusual for a waiter to introduce themself as many don't in a restaurant. Especially in a expensive, high class restaurant. This place is hgih class but not expensive.

When I came the students were training and they worked hard. Yes they made a few mistakes here and there but we all do when we are learning. Just be patient.

Here I had the full High tea which was $10. In other places such the Windsor and Melba it is about $30-$40 and they aren't as nice or as filling as this.
Image courtesy of Curious Charlie on Zomato

It includes two sandwiches, tea, mocha mousse, cupcake and two scones per person and I was full afterwards. The sandwiches were freshly made and I really enjoyed the egg one. Pity there were no cucumber ones but I didn't mind the chicken.

The mousse was decadently rich and it was really nice as a pick me up. It had the right amount of coffee and chocolate in there.

The cupcake was huge and was very nice. It was lime and vanilla flavoured.

The scones were on the smallish side. They were moist and lovely with the fresh cream and jam. The cream was a little bit on the sweetish side but I didn't mind. I also enjoyed the jam.

The tea was from Dilmah and I loved how it came with two pots. Normally in a high tea place I get one pot. But here I got two pots- one filled with water. This is good for those that love to have refills of tea.

Rating: 18/20- good high tea at a great price. Full kudos to the chef who made really nice desserts
Click to add a blog post for Angliss Bistro on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...