Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tokyo Teppanyaki

Toyko Teppanyaki has been around for many years now. But I always seem to walk past it and not bother about it much until now when there was a Groupon deal. The sets range from $55- $100; hence I thought it was a bit pricey for a student.

The deal was bought on Groupon for $29 for one at lunchtime Osaka set. You can change some of the items on the Osaka set if red meat is not your thing like I did to more seafood and vegetarian options.

The place was dead quiet on a Friday lunch except for me and four other people. They were mainly Caucasians.

The place smelt a bit fishy and some of the decor was outdated but the teppanyaki was fun. The food catching although I didn't partake in it looked fun.

To start of with I had pickles which were really sweet and then there was the sushi which was a little bit dry. The vegetables were fresh but the rice was dry. The tempura on the other hand was lovely. It was a tad bit oily but the pumpkin melted in the mouth.

The chef was really entertaining and I loved watching him cook my food especially the egg. I thought that there would be some lovely flames but there were none. I would have loved to have eaten the couple's steak but my tofu steak was just as nice

The miso soup was just stock standard and came out of a packet. I did however like the tofu bits and spring onions but oh well.

The fish wasn't as garlicky as I would have liked it and they almost forgot my prawn. Something new that I did try was the prawn cracker made out of shell. The calamari was cooked to perfection and I loved the spicy sauce. A bit more of the garlic butter on the seafood would be perfect. The fish though was perfect.
The vegetables


The vegetables though were lovely and were a nice way to end the meal. The fired rice had a bit too much soy sauce on it so it felt a little bit heavy to me.

Overall rating: 15/20. I wouldn't buy the full price thing and they forgot my tea which was supposed to be a part of the Groupon deal.

Tokyo Teppanyaki on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...