Friday, January 16, 2015

Thr1ve

As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015
Thr1ve is a paleo place in Emporium. I have read about many good things about this place from plenty of bloggers such as the Food Society alike. And many vegetarians will love this place for its vegetarian offerings.

When I think Paleo I think of Pete Evans and his paleo diet.

They are also known for their smoothies and their signature one was showcased in Emporium yesterday. I wasn't there to try it. But I did try my friends one and it wasn't blended properly. It was good though with that little bit of lime in there but not great. It would have been better if things were mixed properly.

I had the breakfast bowl for $8.90 and it was half full. But it kept me full for a while though so that was good. And what else is good is that they have brown rice instead of white to be healthy. Brown rice is low in GI.

For $8.90 bowl they could have put more vegetables in there such as kale and sweet potato. Without the tabasco it was a little bit bland. But with the sauce it was better.

The long black was seriously big for a small cup, but was a bit burnt. What really peeved me off was that they put it in a takeaway cup and forgot to ask the customer whether they wanted to eat in. I had to politely remind them.  I even had to get my own cutlery.


Rating: 13/20- For a food court cafe which charges premium to be healthy, they should have good service and the decency to ask whether the customer will eat in or not. At least they are on Paypal.

Hopefully they will be around for a while. With all that healthy eating competition going around they better improve.
Thr1ve on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...