Friday, October 24, 2014

Society restaurant

RNIS dined on a Dimmi voucher and therefore did not have to pay.

Society is an old restaurant which started in the 1930's. To this day it still has its old charm. The old lamp was there as well as the old bar. This restaurant is intimate and is for the business crowd. Hence the business lunch specials and the suits.

It is right around the corner from Parliament station is open from lunch until late. Many people were there for drinks.

I had walked past this place a few times and wanted to go in but it was too expensive. When the opportunity arose thanks to Dimmi, I jumped at it.

The service was just splendid and friendly. The waiter explained everything to me. The bathrooms are upstairs.

The other table's food looked amazing. I loved the look of the steak, salad and barramundi (special of the day). Not too sure about the chips as you can find them in any pub and for the price of $9 I would have expected this to be homemade.

I had their entree of arachini. It was very cheesy and I couldn't taste the mushrooms. It is not bad for $8. I loved their homemade sauce.

The complimentary bread was just divine and I enjoyed this very much. Same with the olive oil.

Their main of pasta was nice but the seafood was a little bit overcooked. I was disappointed because there was no mussels. For the price of $29 I would have expected mussels.The pasta was al dente.

Their dessert though was really gorgeous. I thought that the sauce was a little bit too sour with that rhubarb in there. But the ice cream was gorgeous.

And I ended it off with a gorgeous biscotti.

 Rating: 15/20- oh well I guess we can't have everything
Society Restaurant on Urbanspoon Many thanks Dimmi and Society for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...