Friday, September 26, 2014

Grandpa Joes


Grandpa Joes is in Ascot Vale and its across the road from the tram stop.Grandpa Joes is a little tiny coffee shop which many locals love to visit for their good coffee. Their coffee is by 5 senses and they use a Synesso machine.

The bathrooms are out the back.

The lady there was a little grumpy but she was friendly. They all were. The guy was very friendly. But the service was just a tad bit slow.

I loved the neat, retro style place. It had that laid back kind of feel. I was right near the window where I can watch the world go by. Whilst waiting for the food I could hear them preparing it and talking about their weekend. That is a good thing right? As it adds to the casual laid back atmosphere.

The coffee though was good. It was a little bit bitter and very nutty. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the coffee.

I really enjoyed the big veggie breakfast. By that I mean by huge. It would be nice if they had some tomato ksandi sauce. The avocado was fresh and smooth and I loved the saltiness of the haloumi.

The toast although it looked tiny was just lovely and moreish and same with the mushroom and tomato mix.

Do go to the lovely Grandpa Joe's for a laid back coffee and breakfast. I did see that one table had museli for their breakfast and I loved the way that it was presented in a cute jar.


Grandpa Joe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...