Thursday, April 17, 2014

Williamstown farmers market

Williamstown Farmets market is on every second Sunday from 9am-2pm. It is about a five to ten minute walk from Williamstown Beach station.

This market is where all the farmers come together to sell their wares to the local/metropolitan crowd who don't go to the country all that often. Most farmers markets would have some sort of lively music to attract people to visit. There are farmers markets all over Melbourne usually on the weekend. For more info visit this site.

Like most farmers markets it is dog friendly. Hence heaps and heaps cute dogs there.

It was here that I tried real scones for $2.50. Light and fluffy like they should be with real jam. It worked a treat for me. Scones are the English way to have afternoon tea and scones reminded me of Sovereign Hill where all the gold came from.

sauces

beef jerky


cake samples

Chai



soap

Fruit and veg stall


I also tried lots and lots of samples and lovely sauces. But there was one stallholder who was a bit rude to me as I was enjoying the lovely samples. Its not too often that we get to try them and you are there to promote your stuff.

All in all I did love the chilli sauce. It was really spicy and I enjoy spicy food. The sauces would be lovely in pasta on a chilly winters night and with great sourdough from Noisette. I also loved sampling the olives.



My friends bought a huge punnet for $8 which is fresh. It wasn't sweet but it was fresh. The strawberries were rather small.

cactus

All in all I had a great time at the Williamstown markets and you shall check this out too if you want market fresh produce and sauces for under $10 (homemade)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...