Sunday, November 24, 2013

Uzu

Uzu is a cheap student eatery near Monash Caulfield Campus. It is about ten minutes by train to get there.

About six other bloggers including Sweet and Sour Fork have raved on about how cheap and great it was. The only downside is that it is small and seats are limited. But the interior is cozy and intimate.



At lunchtime the place was really busy with the staff and students from Monash Caulfield all buying their takeaway meals. The sushi is freshly made on the premises.

The bathrooms are at Caulfield station.

I had the Kaisen Don ($11.50) which is salmon on top of rice and tofu. I had no idea that there was tofu in this until I started eating it. But the fish was and fresh and the rice was done the right way. Oh and I loved the freshly made salad.

I also tried the Agedashi tofu which my favourite thing at the moment ($5 for three big pieces). These were freshly done with light batter which I love. I hate tofu that is deep fried in too much batter.


I saw them do Takoyaki which looked appealing so next time when I'm around I would like to try them. Maybe with Curious Charlie.

Uzu on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...