Sunday, October 13, 2013

The LAB Nitrogen Gelato

The LAB Nitrogen Gelato had just opened in the last week or two and already they have had quite a few up and donws. Last night when I went there was a small crowd watching their ice cream being made.

They are in Bourke st in the city, across the road from where my old RMIT used to be.







Like N2 they have their Kitchen Aids whipping up the ice cream. It was a very bubbly atmosphere in there. The wait staff were lovely. In fact they were young, happy and smiling staff. Not like the usual staff in an Asian cafe/restaurant.

They share the same building as the Seafood Grill and Cocktail, so it may be just a tad bit smelly sometimes from them. The bathrooms are upstairs.

Like N2 their tubs are at the same price. Unlike N2 these are slightly smaller.

I had their Salted Caramel Popcorn. This ice cream melted just a little bit as I walked out of their store, hence my hands were sticky from the caramel and ice cream. But the flavour was nice though, not too sweet and not too salty. Also I liked the brownie pieces in there which gave it some crunch and chocolatey sweetness.

I loved the popcorn topping- it gave it some crunch.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd prefer N2. But if you want your nitrogen gelato fix and can't be bothered going far then this place would do just fine.
The Lab Nitrogen Gelato on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...