Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cheeky Borthers by Katherine

And yes it was a part of a Groupon Deal.

The cafe is about a five minute walk from Macaulay Station (Upfield line zone 1) and a ten minute walk from the tram stop (route 57 from the corner of Racecourse Rd and Stubbs st). It is nestled in an area which is full of offices. Hence this cafe is suitable for City and Brunswick students.

The cafe was empty this morning. But given that they were open only four weeks ago it is no surprise. They are just finding their feet.

They are on Facebook.

I found out about them via Groupon and did a search on Urbanspoon. And I saw they had many great reviews. I couldn't have agreed more.

The service was very friendly and attentitive. The guy that owns it is a young Asian, friendly guy.

I bought the $10 deal online. And boy was it massive. It came with a big slice of banana bread, big breakfast and fruit salad. My breakfast was huge and my long black was great. It had that nutty flavour to it. Here they use DiBella coffee beans.

I usually am not a fan of meat so I left the meat aside. I'm also not a huge fan of baked beans. But I loved the vegetables though. The bread I thought was a little on the dry side. But the scrambled eggs though was just perfect.
Cheeky Brothers on Urbanspoongeanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">



I did sample a couple of pieces of chorizo though. Not bad.

I loved the banana bread. It didn't need all the condiments of butter and jam, it was just perfect without.

Students I recommend that you buy the deal and if you are coming from the city the train is a lot faster but it goes every twenty minutes. If you don't want to wait for the next one, the tram goes every few minutes. But it can be painfully slow sometimes.

If you are coming from RMIT in Brunswick the train gets you there direct.

I'd love to go again.
Cheeky Brothers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...